Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sunshine & Barf Bags


Sometimes you need a vacation after vacation.  Can I get an Amen?  Because if the umpteen loads of laundry and sand that will never leave your bags afterwards don’t do you in, the unexpected heart-palpitating events during the actual trip mostly certainly will do the job.  I know all about this.


Rewind to the night before we leave for sunny Florida.  We are startled from sleep at 2am by a boy with a bloody nose.  Blood, any blood, in the wee hours is alarming.  Blood on the floors, wall, vanity, shower, toilet is horrifying.  He had tried to clean it on his own, bless his heart.  3 1/2 hours later, we were out the door for the airport.  Surprise… guess who had a massive bloody nose at takeoff?  Lots of fun.  Let me take this opportunity to thank the sweet mom behind us that handed me her entire package of wipes.  You see I no longer carry wipes because my children don’t need them ?!?!?! 



We made it.

12:15pm                                        1:15pm
  IMG_0954           IMG_0957


A fabulous week.  Punctuated by lots of sun, food, shopping, sun, beach, an Easter Egg Hunt, more food, and seeing 8 great aunts/uncles at once (that my friends, is something we’ll treasure forever).


IMG_0960 IMG_0963 IMG_0965

IMG_0968 IMG_0969

IMG_1004

DSC_0110

DSC_0126

DSC_0157 DSC_0145 DSC_0171

DSC_0189 copy

IMG_0955 IMG_0981


I love Florida.  I love the white sand, clear blue water, family, shopping, and seafood.  I really love going to bed the night before we leave, exhausted and dreaming of an amazing week… and being startled in the wee hours by a boy who THREW UP EVERYWHERE.  Gimme the bloody nose, I’ll take it.  I’ll take anything over scrubbing vomit in the middle of the night. 


The morning brought sunshine, and that’s about it.  Our boy was very sick, it gave us enough concern to head to a local Urgent Care clinic.  And we arrived just in time for my son to heave breakfast all over their ONE STALL bathroom.  Oh never have I ever… a bottle of hand sanitizer and every paper towel in site barely got the job done.  Out of pity, likely disgust, they quickly brought in the doctor… who promptly delivered the news: You cannot fly home.  Little boy had double ear infection, swollen tonsils, and extreme nausea.  We had seats reserved on a flight in 3 hours, scratch that.  Road Trip.


IMG_1022 IMG_1037

17 hours, one hotel, 2 mountain tunnels, antibiotics, and a bag of Oreos later… we arrived in the Buckeye State.  And all is well.  Except my legs, which are telephone poles and not designed to bend for extended periods of time.

I need a vacation.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...