Friday, July 30, 2010

Laundry Room Update!

Yesterday I shared our kitchen update… but I can hardly wait to share my laundry room!! Its my favorite room… my place of escape, ha!  I spend a GREAT deal of time here, too much.

Before, our laundry room was the same yellow (faux venetian plaster finish) as the kitchen.  It needed life.

Before

DSC_0910 copy


After

DSC_0689

I am bananas about this wall color!  We went with Sherwin Williams Foggy Days.  It is my ideal blue… a little gray, a little green. Easy on the eyes, but sophisticated.

DSC_0690

The white woodwork and black accents look amazing against the blue.  A new white roman shade keeps things simple around the window.

DSC_0692
DSC_0691
DSC_0696

I do believe orange will be my ‘pop’ color… it looks fantastic against the walls.  I just need to find little accent pieces.  As you may notice, to me, less is more.  I'm not a big fan of dusting around little objects.

DSC_0695

This little sisal rug was a steal at Tuesday Mornings, $7.99! 

DSC_0693

The wall behind Mr. John used to hold a shelf.  I removed that and plan to hang something, but what?  I have a picture in mind, but cannot seem to make a definite decision.

Another update complete.. and I am thrilled with the results!  Have I convinced you yet, paint is life changing!

Before                      After
DSC_0910 copy   DSC_0689

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

You are on a roll! This room looks great too! That wall color is to die for.

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

Yes, it is a very sophisticated color! Gorgeous!! Can't wait to see your pops of orange!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...